Yoga for Toddlers/ 12:00pm – 12:30pm
Yoga for Toddlers ages 2+ at Yoga Den in Morpeth
Enjoy four sessions of Yoga with your toddler from the 2nd of October to the 30th of October. Each session will take place from 12:00 pm to 12:30 pm. A spooky special will occur on the 9th of October, we will be holding an hour long arts and crafts class, which is a great opportunity for your little monsters to create some scary decorations for your home.
What we stand for and why we do it
Many parents of toddlers are worried about delayed social development due to a lack of contact with others. A child’s social interaction with people is incredibly important and has changed, due to not being able to see facial expressions and limited play dates. Our community is a fantastic place to make new friends for both your child and yourself.
Guidelines say children aged 1-5 should have 180 minutes of physical activity every day. It’s really important to develop their skills, movement, and coordination. Even now lockdown has eased, there is still a reduction in the number of daily exercises children enjoy.
With all the benefits Yoga for Toddlers has to offer, it’s the best (and safest) way to help children and families get back on track. Fun-filled, classes allow you to bond with your child, exercise, and make friends. There are many benefits to doing yoga with your toddler. Join our classes to see the benefits Yoga has to both yourself and your child.
What are some of the benefits of Yoga for Toddlers?
- Yoga helps children manage their anxiety. The breathing exercises and relaxation techniques learned from practicing yoga can help children with stress management. Therefore, teaching children how to reduce stress healthily is an important life skill that will help them as children and as adults.
- Yoga improves children’s emotional regulation. Another benefit of yoga for children is that it helps children learn to be in the present moment because of the relaxing nature and gaining a peaceful state of mind, which ultimately improves their emotional regulation.
- Yoga boosts children’s self-esteem. Yoga for kids can do wonders for their self-esteem. Perfecting a pose or improving their balance and flexibility can give young children a sense of personal empowerment.
- Yoga increases children’s body awareness and mindfulness. Going through a variety of yoga poses helps children learn about their bodies and the movements they’re capable of doing.
- Yoga enhances children’s concentration and memory. One of the top benefits of kids’ yoga is that the different types of moves require children to focus and work on their memorization skills—both of which can translate over into their academic performance.
- Yoga develops children’s strength and flexibility. It helps strengthen children’s growing bodies and helps them improve their flexibility, which can reduce their chance of injury.
Four weeks of yoga tots and a Halloween crafts special will be £15.00 or £3.50 per session. Please feel free to get in touch to book single sessions.