Yoga for Toddlers at Yoga Den Sundays 11-12
Yoga for Toddlers ages 2 + at Yoga Den in Morpeth.
Enjoy three weekly sessions of Yoga with your toddler from the 15th to the 29th August and a teddy bears picnic with the group on the 05/09/2021. Food, drinks and games provided, just bring a blanket and your favourite teddy!
Our community is a fantastic place to make new friends for both your child and yourself. You and your toddler can enjoy a fun afternoon bonding in a room full of like minded individuals.
Many parents with toddlers are worried about delayed social development due to lack of contact with others. Children’s interactions with people has changed, due to not seeing facial expressions and limited play dates.
Guidelines say children aged 1-5 should have 180 minutes of physical activity every day. It’s really important to develop their skills, movement and coordination. Even now lock down has eased, there is still a reduction in the amount of daily exercise children enjoy.
With all the benefits Yoga for Toddlers has to offer, it’s the best (and safest) way to help children and families get back on track. Fun filled, socially distanced classes which allow you to bond with your child, exercise and make friends.There are many benefits to doing Yoga with your toddler. Join our classes to see the benefits Yoga has to both yourself and your child.
Benefits of Yoga for Toddlers
- Yoga helps children manage their anxiety. The breathing exercises and relaxation techniques learned from practicing yoga can help children with stress management. Teaching children how to reduce stress in a healthy way is an important life skill that will help them as children and as adults.
- Yoga improves children’s emotional regulation. Another benefit of yoga for children is that it helps children learn to be in the present moment while relaxing and gaining a peaceful state of mind, which ultimately improves their emotional regulation.
- Yoga boosts children’s self-esteem. Yoga for kids can do wonders for their self-esteem. Perfecting a pose or improving their balance and flexibility can give young children a sense of personal empowerment.
- Yoga increases children’s body awareness and mindfulness. Going through a variety of yoga poses helps children learn about their bodies and the movements they’re capable of doing.
- Yoga enhances children’s concentration and memory. One of the top benefits of kids’ yoga is that the different types of moves requires children to focus and work on their memorization skills—both of which can translate over into their academic performance.
- Yoga develops children’s strength and flexibility. It helps strengthen children’s growing bodies and helps them improve their flexibility, which can reduce their chance of injury.
3 weeks of yoga tots and a teddy bears picnic at £20 or £6 a session. Get in touch to book single sessions.